Executive Headteacher, Bushey, Hertfordshire
Dates: Apply by 15.06.15 (To start January 2016 or sooner).
Salary: Leadership Scale: 18-24, with a discretionary temporary allowance up to 10% of starting salary payable on completion of the transition to ‘hard’ federation, or any agreed variation on this outcome. Support with relocation costs may also be available.
Location: Bushey, Hertfordshire
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Two schools: one exciting opportunity.
Two successful schools with strong identities, Bushey and Oxhey Infant School and Bushey Manor Junior School, are looking to appoint an exceptional Executive Headteacher who can provide overall strategic leadership for our two newly federated schools and drive our shared ambition for outstanding provision, progress and achievement.
Based a short walk apart in the same thriving and supportive community, our two-form entry schools have both been rated as “Good” by Ofsted. Each school is situated in attractive grounds, and resourced to provide a full range of learning opportunities.
Bushey and Oxhey Infants School (roll: 180) the staff team prides itself on its nurturing environment, the opportunity for children to succeed both academically and socially, and its positive relationships between home and school.
Children typically transition to Bushey Manor Junior School (roll: 248) where high expectations continue and a vibrant curriculum is offered both inside and outside the classroom by a talented and dedicated staff.
With the impending retirement of both current headteachers in Summer 2015, the Governing Bodies, with the support of parents and staff, have taken the opportunity to formalise and strengthen existing collaboration between the schools by embarking on a process of federation. In May 2015 we agreed to establish a “soft” federation. We are now seeking a highly talented and motivated Executive Headteacher who can provide strategic leadership across our two schools, while helping us to complete the further step to “hard” federation. Initially you will work with two Governing Bodies but on completion of the transition to a “hard” federation, we will establish a single Governing Body for what will be the Bushey Primary Education Federation.
Your task will be to deliver our vision of excellence through collaboration, one which takes both schools from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ and gives every child in our care the opportunity to achieve and develop as confident, informed, and well-rounded individuals, ready for the future and for the next stage of their personal, developmental and educational journey.We are looking for someone to realise our vision of collaboration, which gives every child the opportunity to achieve and develop as confident, informed, well-rounded individuals, ready for the future.
What are we looking for?
- A clear personal philosophy of learning and the skills to turn this into a compelling strategic vision of excellence for both schools
- The ability to take each school from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ while nurturing the educational ethos and distinct identity of each school
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability and charisma to motivate at every level
- Experience of managing and supporting change
- Substantial, successful and varied teaching across the primary school range, coupled with a grasp of current trends and issues in education policy and practice, especially in the primary phase
- The strategies and creativity to unlock the potential of every child
- An ability to develop strong working partnerships within and beyond our schools
- Confidence with data, both educational and financial
- The energy and motivation to take the schools forward to the next stage of development
- A commitment to federation and collaboration, but appreciation of the strengths and individual qualities of each school
- A commitment to parental and community engagement
What can we offer?
- Dedicated, skilled and well-structured teams of staff, including a Head of School at each school
- Happy, motivated pupils who enjoy learning and are proud of their schools
- Supportive and engaged parents and carers who welcome opportunities to be involved in their children’s education
- Committed and well-informed governors who will provide the support and challenge that you will need to succeed
- An embedded commitment to developing ‘the whole child’ while achieving high academic standards in terms of progress and attainment
- Healthy budgets to drive forward a future vision of success
- A thriving local area with excellent transport links
- Two great schools with unique identities and a tradition of collaboration
Visits to the schools are warmly welcomed and encouraged. For further details or to arrange an appointment, please contact Bushey and Oxhey Infant School office on 01923 229 731.
For further information on the existing collaboration process please visit our federation website.
Application Close Date: Noon on 12th June 2015
Interview Date: 22nd June and/or 23rd June 2015
The Governing bodies of Bushey and Oxhey Infant School and Bushey Manor Junior School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
This post will be subject to references.
Hertfordshire schools always ask for full DBS Disclosures for appointees.
Bushey Primary Education Federation
C/o Bushey and Oxhey Infants’ School
Tel: 01923 229731